MARX Analyzer helps with troubleshooting for CRYPTO-BOX hardware and software components, providing comprehensive
diagnostics to resolve problems quickly. It generates a detailed report, which can be submitted to MARX technical support.
How to perform a diagnosis:
- Download the MARX Analyzer archive from our download section
- No installation is required, just unzip all files in the archive and start the marxanalyzer.exe
- Click the "Start Diagnostics" button
- A window comes up asking for the CRYPTO-BOX profile required for advanced diagnostics. Click "Skip" if you are an end-user without this profile. If you are a MARX customer and in possession of this profile (.trx file), click the browse button, select the profile and click "Rescan" to run the advanced diagnostics
- The next window asks for optionally available CRYPTO-BOX servers in the network. Select "Skip" if your CRYPTO-BOX is attached to the local USB port of your computer. Otherwise choose one option and click "Search"
- After diagnostics has finished, the results will be displayed. If MARX Analyzer found issues, the entries will be tagged with an exclamation mark. When clicking on the tagged entry, a troubleshooting ID will be displayed in the right window. Click on the ID to display further details and troubleshooting options
- If your problem persists, you can send the MARX Analyzer report to the software distributor (if you are an end-user) or directly to MARX (if you are a MARX customer). Click the "Save Report" button and attach the .mdiag file to your error description
Remark: Depending on the CRYPTO-BOX model, either the "CBUSB2 driver" (driver for CRYPTO-BOX SC model) or "CBUSB driver" (driver for CRYPTO-BOX XS/Versa models) is loaded. Therefore, an exclamation mark and "service is not registered/not running" for the other driver is normal.
A detailed description of the MARX Analyzer functionality can be found in the MARX Analyzer Application Notes.